Law Firm and Legal Attorneys in Drexel Hill, PA
Stapleton & Colden
is a community-based law firm
and is proud to serve the good people of Drexel Hill, Springfield, Havertown, Marple, Broomall, Media, and Upper Darby. The attorneys from our law firm have more than 100 years of combined experience successfully practicing law.
Since our law firm was established, we've become known for our conscientious approach to cases as well as our dedication to time and personal attention for every client.
We are unwavering and tenacious when dealing with opposing counsel, and always strive to give you cost-efficient and effective representation.
Whether you need an attorney for a personal injury claim or to help you file for bankruptcy, you need someone you can trust. Our attorneys grew up in the area, and take personal pride and interest in the residents and businesses in the community. Our local roots have made it so the attorneys are well acquainted with the judges, prosecutors, and court officials of Delaware County. The firm has built a reputation for hard-nosed, yet highly professional litigators, who possess the wisdom to know the proper time to go to trial and when to settle out of court.
Meet Thomas J. Stapleton, Jr.
Thomas J. Stapleton, Jr. was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He was admitted to the Pennsylvania bar in 1972. Just 10 years later he joined the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania and U.S. Supreme Court. He currently practices estate planning, elder law, commercial law, real estate law, and civil litigation.
Before becoming an attorney, he attended Niagara University. He graduated as cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1968. Thomas later attended Villanova University, where he received his Juris Doctor in 1972.
- Recipient of E. Wallace Chadwick Memorial Award from the Delaware County Bar Association in 2002
- Named Pennsylvania Super Lawyer in 2005
- Member & Secretary of Judiciary Committee from 1975-1978
- Pennsylvania General Assembly from 1977-1978
- Former Director of the U.S. Census for Delaware County in 1980
Current Memberships of Delaware County
- Member of the Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee
- Lawyers Help & Advice Committee
Current Memberships within Pennsylvania
- Member of Lawyers Assistance & Elder Law Committees
- Member of the Board of Directors of Mirmont Treatment Center
- Member & Board of Directors for Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers
Meet Richard L. Colden, Jr.
Richard L. Colden, Jr. was born in Darby, Pennsylvania. He was admitted to the Pennsylvania Bar in 1973, the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania. In 1980, and the U.S. Supreme Court in 1982. As an attorney, he primarily focuses on:
- Civil Litigation
- Real Estate
- Business Law
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Visitation Rights
- Estate Administration
Before becoming a seasoned attorney, Richard attended Villanova University where he received his Bachelor of Arts in 1969. He continued his education at the university acquiring his Juris Doctor in 1973.
- Recipient of the Certificate of Award for Outstanding Achievement in Pro Bono Representation from Delaware County Legal Assistance Association in 2000, 2004, 2005, & 2013
- District Justice for Upper Darby Township from 1975-1976
- Assistant State Attorney General from 1976-1978
- Lecturer at the Delaware County Community College in 1976
- Deputy State Attorney General in from 1979-1980
- Solicitor for the Harwood House from 1989-Present
- Lecturer at the Community College of Philadelphia from 1976-1978
- Member of the Board of Directors for Community Life Services from '76-'79
- Solicitor for the Community Life Services, Incorporated, from 1986-1989
- Delaware County Bar Association
Steven C. Leach was born in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania on August 23, 1951. He was admitted to the Mississippi Bar in 1976. Just a year later, he was admitted to the Pennsylvania Bar.
As an attorney, he's been admitted to the U.S. District Court of Eastern District of Pennsylvania 1992 as well as the Third Circuit of the U.S. Court of Appeals in 1993. Steven was also admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Steven received his education at St. Joseph's University, where he acquired a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1973. He later attended the University of Mississippi, where he received his Juris Doctor, just three short years later. As an attorney, Steven offers legal services for the following areas:
- Criminal Law
- Juvenile Criminal Law
- Drug Crimes
- White Collar Crimes
- Parole & Probation
- Domestic Violence
- Personal Injury
- Trust & Estates
- Domestic Relations
- Family Law, including Divorce
- Workers' Compensation
- Former President of the Delaware County Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers from 2000-2001
- Member of Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers
- Member of the Delaware County Bar Association
Schedule an appointment at our firm today in Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania, for the personalized legal services you need.